Volume 3: VPNs and NAT


With just a mere 45 days until my lab exam, I am happy to announce that the third volume in the Routing and Switching series; VPNs and NAT for Cisco Networks, has been published to the Kindle store today.

Getting the Kindle formatting has been much easier this time around, as I have used Kindle Textbook Creator, taking the printed version's PDF file, and converting straight from that.

The end result is that it looks the same as the print version (which should be available in a couple of days) which is out now.


This volume starts off with basic GRE tunnels, and build them into an IPSec-secured, optimized and tuned DMVPN network. We also look at "standard" site to site VPNs, before moving onto NAT, and IPv6 transition mechanisms.
I have kept the cost the same as the other volumes, and as usual, it's closely aligned with the CCIE Routing and Switching v5 syllabus. That said, I hope that it is accessible to readers of any level.

I am currently working on volume 4 (Multicast and QoS), and looking at volume 5 (Services). Volume 5 will, most likely, be the end of this series. I could go further, such as IPv6 and the IGPs, but to be honest I don't see that happening at the moment, as after volumes 4 and 5 I have another two books in mind, which are not (directly) related to the Routing and Switching track. This is, of course, unless anyone has any excellent ideas for more books, then I am all ears!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

CCIE #49337, author of CCNA and Beyond, BGP for Cisco Networks, MPLS for Cisco Networks, VPNs and NAT for Cisco Networks.

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

9 comments

comments
26 May 2015 at 01:53 delete

Bought! Just like book 1 and book 2 :-)

Reply
avatar
26 May 2015 at 03:12 delete

Thanks Bernd, I hope you enjoy it!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
30 May 2015 at 01:25 delete

is there available a pdf version ?

Reply
avatar
30 May 2015 at 04:03 delete

PDF won't be an option as it is too easily shared. It's in kindle and paperback only at the moment.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
30 May 2015 at 10:19 delete

if i bought the paperback is it possible to receive the pdf version ?

Reply
avatar
31 May 2015 at 00:25 delete

No. There will not be a PDF version. PDFs are far too easily shared. I have priced it deliberately low so that people buy it, instead of pirating it through the sharing of PDFs.

Even if I were to look at something like LockLizard to protect them, I dont actually make enough to cover the costs of the LockLizard protection.

So, no. There won't be a PDF version.

If you buy the print version, you do, however, get a discount on the Kindle version.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
15 July 2015 at 18:53 delete

Hi Stuart

I am have problems getting your 3rd book on my kindle's I have the kindle DX. i am getting message like not supported on this device. Also tried it on the Kindle HD and same results. Can you allow support for the wide range on kindle please. (i.e. same support like book 1 and 2 )

Reply
avatar
16 July 2015 at 00:20 delete

Hi, I'll see what I can do about this. I used the Kindle textbook creator, so the formatting is all retained, looks like it only works for the KIndle Fires though.

I'll see if I can convert it and republish on Kindle.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
16 July 2015 at 16:27 delete

Splendid Stuart I am looking forward to really reading this. please make it soon

Reply
avatar