The best CCIE student's tool?


I make lots of notes. Lots and lots of notes. When I was studying for the v4, these were all written down by hand. The notes would become torn, covered in something or other, lost or filed somewhere, never to be seen again.

Just recently Microsoft have released OneNote for the Mac, as well as iOS and kindle. So now I have the same set of notes on my work laptop, which is Windows, my laptop and desktop at home, both of which run OSX, my iPhone and my Kindle.

Now I have the same set of notes on every device I use. These are separated into topic, and synced so edits made at work are ready and waiting for me at home.

OneNote is also free. It can be downloaded from www.onenote.com.

What is your favourite resource for studying?

CCIE #49337, author of CCNA and Beyond, BGP for Cisco Networks, MPLS for Cisco Networks, VPNs and NAT for Cisco Networks.

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

comments
Anonymous
1 February 2015 at 14:25 delete

have you tried evernote?

Reply
avatar
2 February 2015 at 02:15 delete

I did try Evernote, never got on with it that well though.

Reply
avatar
9 February 2015 at 05:52 delete

Evernote is good, I like it

Reply
avatar
9 August 2015 at 05:57 delete

Hi everyone,I have a problem with connecting running vIOS switches to any device.When I click on NIC I get this message.See here please-->http://postimg.org/image/krt21kl8n/
Can you help me? I need to solve the problem.
And,one more.I wonder what "use legacy networking mode" means.
Thanks in advance.

Reply
avatar
9 August 2015 at 11:42 delete

Clue's in the message, man. Shut the switch off, then try adding a new connection. Check this link for the legacy bit: https://community.gns3.com/ideas/1516

Reply
avatar
9 November 2015 at 08:41 delete

I have gotten a lot of mileage out of Anki flash cards (http://ankisrs.net/). Part of my note taking during studying includes creating flash cards on key topics, and reviewing them regularly.
Anki is intelligent enough to adapt the frequency of quizzing you based on how well you do. Additionally, your cards and study data can be sent to the cloud so as to synchronize b/w your PC and mobile devices (so you can study on the go).

Reply
avatar