30 days to go.


It's now just 30 days till the CCIE Security lab exam. Nerves are starting to kick in, and I did not get much time to study whilst sunning myself in the glorious South of France sun, but a break was most definitely needed.

I did do some studying, though, watched a few of the INE videos on VPNs and would highly recommend INE to anyone following the same path.

What to do now, in order to get lab-ready over the next month?

I will start by listing the areas from strongest to weakest:

  • ASAs (basic configs, NAT)
  • IPS (it's pretty intuitive)
  • DMVPN
  • Routing
  • Services (NTP/DHCP)
  • Other VPNs
  • WSA
  • ISE/ACS
ISE and ACS come bottom of the list, and so this is where I need to focus my efforts for the majority of the time remaining.


The joy of it is that I do find both of these topics interesting, so that makes it easier to concentrate on them. Brian McGahan's videos will certainly help, and I have also started to read the CCNP Security SISAS 300-208 Official Cert Guide, which although it's for the CCNP Security, should certainly help things.

It is truly amazing how quickly the time goes, I am not sure (at this stage) whether I will be fully prepared when the day comes, but I can go in and give it a damn good try (and hopefully squeeze in a re-sit in December if required and seats are available). 

I probably won't blog much over the next month, so I wish you all the best and will catch up soon.

CCIE #49337, author of CCNA and Beyond, BGP for Cisco Networks, MPLS for Cisco Networks, VPNs and NAT for Cisco Networks.

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

comments
12 September 2016 at 04:01 delete

Wish you all the best for your next challenge! :)

Reply
avatar