Design the next cover, win an Amazon voucher and a free copy of the next book!


Volume 2 is nearly completed, I have ordered the first proof copy so I can check layout, image quality, and how things line up compared to the first one (purely from a layout perspective). Beau, my technical editor, is still going through it, but it should be coming soon.

So, what's next?

Originally I had planned to to the IGPs (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP and IS-IS) next, but instead I have chosen to do "VPNs and NAT for Cisco Networks" for volume 3. In this volume I'll cover GRE, DMVPN, GETVPN and NAT technologies for both IPv4 and IPv6, I think this follows the progression nicer as we have started off with the global view of BGP, the larger scale enterprise with MPLS, and not we can start to look at connecting smaller sites together using VPNs, and with that NAT technologies. I think it'll lead on to the IGPs for volume 4 better this way.

Now I need a new cover design, and this is where you come in.

Have a look at the existing covers:



BGP (in my view) looks like a very interconnected world, highlighting the importance of BGP in our global internet, and MPLS looks like fewer connections, for the company to company networks.

For the next volume I am looking for something similar, abstract, yet understandable within the context of the book. I would like to use the same colors to keep within the running theme, or as this is a steady progression as we move into the IGPs, then maybe green, I like green as well. We don't have to stick with the circular "globe".

So if you want to have a go, then hopefully you can see what I am looking for. I would need this in a Photoshop PSD file of 7.5 x 9.25 (inches), I can handle the text part.

The end date for this will be December 1st.

The winner will receive a copy of the next book, and a £50 Amazon voucher (or equivalent in your local currency, i.e. $80 USD).

Email me: stu @ 802101 .com (remove the spaces...)

CCIE #49337, author of CCNA and Beyond, BGP for Cisco Networks, MPLS for Cisco Networks, VPNs and NAT for Cisco Networks.

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »